The last time we went to Brimfield, Jessica made gluten-free muffins. I’ll admit that I was VERY hesitant. Gluten-free? How could they be anything but cardboard? Man, was I wrong. This is why I’m posting the recipe. These muffins are AMAZING.
They’re a taste of fall … nutty, cinnamony, and so satisfying.
Grab your mixing bowls! This gives me another opportunity to use the Pyrex set I bought at Brimfield during one of our first trips!
Get your mise en place:
2 1/2 cups almond flour
1 cup chopped pecans
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup yogurt or apple sauce (Following Jessica’s lead, I use the apple sauce)
1/2 cup honey
Topping (The topping is what puts these muffins over the top!)
1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
2 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- Combine the topping ingredients in a small bowl, mix well and set aside.
- Heat the oven to 325F.
- Line a regular size 12 muffin baking pan with large baking cups.
- Combine the almond flour, pecans, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- Combine the eggs, yogurt (or applesauce), and honey in a separate larger bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix well.
- Evenly fill each baking cup with the batter. The cups will be about 3/4 full.
- Drizzle the topping over each muffin (prior to baking).
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Test with a toothpick.
- Bake longer if necessary or remove and let cool.
- Taste and be shocked that gluten free muffins can taste this amazing!
I hope you enjoy these muffins as much as we do!